MSc dissertation contains about nine to eleven chapter and all of them are considered important to be written in the dissertation in an effective and impressive manner but there is one chapter which is considered to be the most significant one because it tells the readers that what was the need of conducting research about student’s chosen dissertation topic and what is its significance. This chapter is called the literature review chapter. Students write a critical analysis about the previously published studies that relate to their dissertation topic in this chapter. Students usually analyze the findings of the previously published studies and then present their critical view about those studies in this MSc dissertation literature review chapter.
It is considered essential for students to write their dissertation literature review chapter in a very clear, precise and impressive manner because only then they will be able to convey their message to their readers. Bu mostly students don’t pay their attention towards the structure of this literature review chapter while writing it which as a result lead them towards getting poor results for their research study because the readers don’t get their point and as a result they find their dissertation useless. So in order to help students, here is a brief guide about the structure of MSc dissertation literature review chapter:
- Students need to start their literature review chapter by stating the research questions in the beginning in a very clear and precise manner.
- After that, they need to write down the findings of the earlier published studies that are related to their research questions especially the weak points and gaps of those studies, that they have found through their analysis. Students have to highlight those weak points because only then they will be to state the need and significance of their research study.
- Then, they have to write down their critical views about those weak points and gaps and also to state that how their research study is filling those gaps present in the previous studies.
- Students have to write down the content of their literature review chapter in the form of because only then they will get success in writing an impressive review.
- In the end, they have to write a short but a meaningful conclusion.
Students have to write their dissertation literature review chapter in a clear and effective manner by using a simple language so that their readers can easily understand what they want to say. They can also take help from their supervisor in case if they need further assistance or can also check out their university’s dissertation guideline for getting information about the requirements that their professors have set regarding the literature review structure.
So, it can be stated that literature review is an important chapter that helps students in stating the need and significance of their research study that is why students need to write their MSc dissertation literature review chapter in an effective and impressive manner.